New: Google Sheets importer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

A feature just launched today that will help you import entire Google Sheets as either a new base, or as tables within an existing base.

before_after_1

This feature is similar to our recently launched Excel importer with much of the same functionality. You can learn more about importing your Sheets into Airtable in this support article.

Let us know how it’s working for you and how we improve!

7 Comments
Scott_Cohen
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Only some of my text data imports from Google Sheet into Airtable.
In some cases, it’s an entire column and other cases, only some of the data within a column. This is a major problem that makes this tool unusable

Syndi_Texeira
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

It doesn’t working for me at all. I keep getting a google 400 error

Screen Shot 2020-12-04 at 12.29.51 PM

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

@Scott_Cohen @Syndi_Texeira Sorry you’re running into some trouble! Would you like me to have our support team reach out to you to help troubleshoot?

Peter_Carr
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I get the same error. I have multi-factor authentication (MFA) enabled for my google account. Perhaps that’s the problem?

Angelie_Peterso
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m getting the same error with Google.

I’m also getting it in other spots where I’m trying to access Google (e.g. trying to connect a sheet in an automation). I do currently have other automations set up with google that seem to still be working, I just can’t set up new ones (and I don’t want to risk editing the working ones).
@Peter_Carr @Syndi_Texeira - did anyone end up getting this error resolved?

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @Peter_Carr @Angelie_Peterson,

We can best help you troubleshoot any issues if you reach out to our support team. You can contact us through the in-app help menu found at the top-right hand corner of any Airtable screen.

support

Keith_Berfield
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

2021-08-20T04:00:00Z
Was there ever a resolution to this problem? I am just starting out with Airtable and was trying to import a table from Google sheets and have been unable to do so, ending up with the same error page.

Google Login Error Screen2

This occurs regardless if I use the “Add a Base” button or the “Quickly Upload” button on the “My First Workspace” page. Any help will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!