Sync multiple sources to a single table

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

It’s a big day here at Airtable. Today, we’re sharing a bevy of new tools so teams of all sizes can accomplish more using Airtable. 🚀

We’ll share a few posts here in the community to cover all of the features that are officially launching today. To start, I have some exciting updates about new Sync functionality below.

External source syncing

External Source Syncing

External source syncing enables automatic—and continuous—synchronization from approved sources. Once that data is brought into Airtable, many new possibilities emerge. For example, marketing teams can sync in a list of top accounts from Salesforce for campaign planning.

With this feature you can now sync data from Google Calendar, Jira Cloud, Salesforce, and Box. If your company relies on any of these services, this feature can contribute to some massive time savings by removing error-prone manual updates.

Salesforce

Automatically pull a business object (contacts, leads, accounts, etc.) report from Salesforce into a table on an ongoing basis via Airtable Sync. This is currently in closed beta for Enterprise users; if you have an enterprise account, contact your CSM for details on how to get access to the closed beta.

Google Calendar

Send Google Calendar event information directly into your Airtable marketing base. Use this to sync content or campaign calendars that are managed in Google so marketing teams can action the data in Airtable.

Learn more about Google Calendar external source sync →

Jira

Sync Jira issues found in filters to an Airtable base. This is helpful for tracking issues, teams, projects and more using a single Airtable base as your source of truth.

Learn more about Jira external source sync →

Box

Send Box file information (URL, attachments, etc.) directly into an Airtable view. This is typically used by marketers who are tracking their content pipeline in Airtable and are collaborating with a design team who is hosting their creative using Box.

Learn more about Box external source sync →

Multi-source sync

Multi Source Syncing

We’re also making it possible to sync multiple external or internal sources right into one view. We’re calling it multi-source syncing, and it’s a streamlined, enterprise-ready way to aggregate, monitor, and execute against critical information. It’s perfect for complex collaborative tasks, like transforming data from different teams into a consolidated company roadmap or creating executive rollups of communications activities across business functions.

Learn more about multi-source syncing →

20 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Wow! Huge improvements! :cowboy_hat_face: :horse_racing: :raised_hands:

Question: When syncing external sources to a destination table in Airtable, can you edit those records within the destination table in Airtable? Or, does this act identically to syncing internal sources, where we can only edit the data from the source?

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

This works just like syncing from an internal source, where data is edited only in the source.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Great, thanks for the clarification! :grinning_face_with_big_eyes:

TFP
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Will the Salesforce integration be available on other plans as well when it’s out of Beta?

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

As of today, it’s going to be an enterprise feature once it’s out of beta.

TFP
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Too bad, we’re a small company but we do use SF and this could have been useful to us.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@TFP I agree that it would be nice for this Salesforce syncing to be opened up to Pro Plans as well.

I know this isn’t what you were hoping for, but Airtable’s automations do have some limited Salesforce integrations right now. You can create or update records in Salesforce, based on an Airtable trigger.

Also, you can create your own advanced custom syncing process between Salesforce & Airtable by using Integromat’s excellent Salesforce & Airtable integrations:

p.s. I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat links contain my personal referral code. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert consultant to help you with custom syncing between Salesforce & Airtable, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com.

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@Jason It seems like the “sync source option” as described in this support article is not available. Was this feature removed?

The support article says this:

The Sync source option allows you to see where the synced data is coming from. When this option is toggled on it will populate your destination table with a new field that shows the name of the view source that each record in the synced table comes from. When you create a new sync, this option will default to being turned on.

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

We’re investigating a bug that may be related to this - I can update you here once we know more!

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Hi @ScottWorld,

This turned out to be a feature that didn’t make the launch, but will be available in the product soon after some more internal testing. Sorry for the confusion!

We’ve also removed mention of it in our support article for now.

Thanks for the heads up!