Sync multiple sources to a single table

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

It’s a big day here at Airtable. Today, we’re sharing a bevy of new tools so teams of all sizes can accomplish more using Airtable. 🚀

We’ll share a few posts here in the community to cover all of the features that are officially launching today. To start, I have some exciting updates about new Sync functionality below.

External source syncing

External Source Syncing

External source syncing enables automatic—and continuous—synchronization from approved sources. Once that data is brought into Airtable, many new possibilities emerge. For example, marketing teams can sync in a list of top accounts from Salesforce for campaign planning.

With this feature you can now sync data from Google Calendar, Jira Cloud, Salesforce, and Box. If your company relies on any of these services, this feature can contribute to some massive time savings by removing error-prone manual updates.

Salesforce

Automatically pull a business object (contacts, leads, accounts, etc.) report from Salesforce into a table on an ongoing basis via Airtable Sync. This is currently in closed beta for Enterprise users; if you have an enterprise account, contact your CSM for details on how to get access to the closed beta.

Google Calendar

Send Google Calendar event information directly into your Airtable marketing base. Use this to sync content or campaign calendars that are managed in Google so marketing teams can action the data in Airtable.

Learn more about Google Calendar external source sync →

Jira

Sync Jira issues found in filters to an Airtable base. This is helpful for tracking issues, teams, projects and more using a single Airtable base as your source of truth.

Learn more about Jira external source sync →

Box

Send Box file information (URL, attachments, etc.) directly into an Airtable view. This is typically used by marketers who are tracking their content pipeline in Airtable and are collaborating with a design team who is hosting their creative using Box.

Learn more about Box external source sync →

Multi-source sync

Multi Source Syncing

We’re also making it possible to sync multiple external or internal sources right into one view. We’re calling it multi-source syncing, and it’s a streamlined, enterprise-ready way to aggregate, monitor, and execute against critical information. It’s perfect for complex collaborative tasks, like transforming data from different teams into a consolidated company roadmap or creating executive rollups of communications activities across business functions.

Learn more about multi-source syncing →

20 Comments
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thanks for the clarification, @Jason!

Erin_Swanson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Jason I see you discuss the external sync to Salesforce being an Enterprise feature above…what plan types will have the ability to sync to Box after beta ends? Will that also be open only to enterprise plans? I had been looking at Box already, and love the idea of syncing to one of my bases, but if this will be only available to enterprise plans after beta, I don’t want to waste the time on it. Thanks!

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Great question! The Box sync functionality will be available as a pro plan feature.

Erin_Swanson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Fantastic! Thank you!

Cady_Smith1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Will the box feature eventually have the ability to pull images from box into an attachment field in Airtable? I can pull everything about the image except the image itself at the moment.

Jason
Airtable Employee
Airtable Employee

Our team is actually working on this functionality right now. From my understanding, a thumbnail image of the file (not the raw file itself) will be able to be generated in an Airtable attachment field.

Russell_Findlay
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Agree - this would also open up a huge not for profit market to airtable. Many nfp’s are on salesforce due to no license fee but find it difficult to make automations and use the data to its fullest - airtable fills that gap for us - but only after effectively zapping huge data sets over which has cost implications.

Russell_Findlay
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Shame … huge opportunity in the non profit space missed by this. Using airtable as a staging table and internal tool app could massively change how non profits use airtable to increase impact.

Office_Manager
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Jason
This is huge and I love this improvement.
I am implementing this or trying to implement this immediately; however, when I do this for my Google calendar, ranging from 2 months ago to the under of the year, only 2 events show up - one ranging April 23-27, and one on April 26. Why would the other entries, especially the ones for next week, not be appearing?

Office_Manager
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

@Jason I got it figured out - had a moment of confusion