The Airtable Community is moving ✨

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Hi all -

I hope you’re doing well and for those who celebrate, I hope you had a great Thanksgiving.

I’m excited to share that on December 1, 2022, the Airtable Community is moving to a new platform! Upgrading this experience is a huge step forward for the community, and I can’t wait for you to see it.

Here’s what you need to know:

• In order to finalize the migration to our new platform, the Airtable Community Forums will be down from November 28 to November 30, 2022. Please note that all forums will be inaccessible during that time in a ‘read-only’ state.
  • All of your content, leaderboard points, and login information will be automatically carried over, so no action is needed on your end.
  • On December 1st (hopefully by 10 am PT at the latest), you’ll be able to use your existing login information to sign in at community.airtable.com.

Since its creation, we’ve been so proud of the curiosity and creativity of this community. What you’ve all created is incredibly special and we can’t wait to continue to iterate on this experience with you in the years to come. Thank you for your patience and support Heart

6 Comments
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Will the forums be inaccessible or will they be read-only?

This existing login information is the same as the username and password for our Airtable accounts, right? So logging into our Airtable accounts will be the same as logging into the new community?

Going forward, will the new community have its own accounts that are separate from our Airtable accounts, or will they still be tied to our Airtable accounts?

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

What about badges?

And how will the service interruption affect people who were working on their Devotee badges?

And in case badges don’t carry over, here is a screen shot to recognize members with the somewhat confusing, but well earned “community leader” badge.

And other respected members …

And empathic members …

And the top users of all time …

These people are the reason why I love the Airtable community, and the main reason why this community has been so successful. Amid an unending stream of others popping in and out with questions, these people have generously shared their knowledge and friendship. They have enriched my life and are among the best people I know. I look forward to seeing them on the new forums.

Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

No new content will be publishable, but you’ll be able to read existing content!

In terms of logins, they will remain exactly the same and you’ll authenticate into the new community using Airtable SSO tied to your account just like today :slightly_smiling_face:

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thank you for posting those screenshots, @kuovonne!

And here are the 4 people who have earned the Devotee badge! :winking_face:

Devotees

Kstocks
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks for letting us know!

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hey Admins, I'm getting this error when I post relatively straight-forward JavaScript examples in a Code block, and an image;

Karlstens_0-1670129563031.png

I'm not sure what's causing this issue... I think it's only when my post contains a Javascript Codeblock and an uploaded image?