The Interface Designer Contest 🔥

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Hi all - I hope you’re doing well!

I’m excited to announce the Interface Designer Contest.

We have been so impressed by what the community has been able to accomplish with Interface Designer so far, and can’t wait to be inspired by your creativity. This contest will be open through August 12, 2022 at 5pm PT and winners will be announced in late August.

More details can be found below. Happy building 🙂

The categories:

1. Best design: The most intuitive, easy-to-use interface. Not just visually appealing, but also functional.
  2. Best use case/solution focus: The best example of using an Interface to solve a problem for a specific use case or function, for example, Marketing or Product Ops.
  3. Wildcard: Just have fun and build something cool.

The prizes (for each category):

• First place: $5,000, Airtable swag bag, & an invitation to an Interface Designer feedback session with the Airtable product team
  • Second place: $2,000, Airtable swag bag, & an invitation to an Interface Designer feedback session with the Airtable product team
  • Third place: $1,000, Airtable swag bag, & an invitation to an Interface Designer feedback session with the Airtable product team

Judging criteria:

• Creativity (25%) - The extent to which the interface shows creativity and showcases a use case that has never been possible until now. Creative use of advanced features like user filters.
  • Impact (25%) - The extent to which the Interface unlocks new user value and addresses a need. What is the magnitude of the impact delivered to the user?
  • Design (25%) - Ease of use, design & UI/UX. Is the solution intuitive and elegant? Is user navigation easy and simple?
  • Functional & Actionable (25%) - Quality of submission, lack of errors, seamless experience for the end-user. How ready is this for collaboration and interaction from others?

The details:

• Submissions are limited to 1 submission per category per person.
  • You will need to publish your base to Airtable Universe for submission. Details on how to publish to universe can be found here.
  • Submit your Interface here
  • Tip: if you need a dataset to get started, the data.world community is free and a great place to start!

Detailed terms & conditions can be found here

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and D.C., Australia, New Zealand, United Kingdom, European Union, and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are age 18 or older and who are current Airtable subscribers. Void where prohibited. Odds of winning depend on number of entries received. Contest starts at 12:00 a.m. EST on June 1 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on July 31. Each Category’s ARV of prizes: First place ($5,000), Second place ($2,000), Third place ($1,000). ARV of all prizes $25,000. For full Official Rules, prize disclosures, and to enter, review this page. Sponsored by Formagrid Inc, dba Airtable Attn: Airtable Legal Department, 799 Market Street, 8th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94103

83 Comments
kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I’m afraid that this will not work for my interface. The judging criteria specifically mentioned “Creative use of advanced features like user filters”, so my interface uses the “current user” filter condition. These filters mean that a new read-only user will not be tagged in any records and will not be able to see or do anything.

In order to actually use my interface, multiple collaborators need to be able to have edit access to the base in order to create, edit, and delete records, and to tag other collaborators in records that they want to share.

Working from a duplicate base would also ensure that anyone (including the original creator) has access to a clean starting base.

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I think the confusion here is what constitutes an “interface”. Some people think of a single interface page as an “interface”. Other people may think of a collection of interface pages as an “interface”. Yet other people in this thread think of their grid views, gallery views, and calendar views as “interfaces”.

Also, some bases are designed so that some users manage data in the traditional grid view, but other users consume the data in the interface. This requires users to operate in both the traditional grid view and the interface. Will any necessary interactions in grid views be a part of how the interface is judged?

Jordan_Scott1

If advanced permissions like this are required for your base, or if it’s just your preference that we duplicate, then yes, please allow for duplication and leave a note in the “anything else we should know” portion of the form - the last thing we want is to disrupt anyone’s workflows!

Jordan_Scott1

For this contest, an interface is either a single interface or a collection of interfaces that utilize one base. The base design will be considered in the ‘design’ category, ensuring the Interface is functional, but all other categories will apply specifically to the interface(s) themselves.

David_Mason
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, Is there a way to create a duplicate Interface?
I have client info on my Interface but I’m really happy how it’s working

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

You can duplicate the base and the interface will be duplicated. When duplicating the base, you can choose to not copy record data. Then add your own sample data.

David_Mason
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Thanks Kuovonne!!! Much appreciated!

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Less than one day to get your entries in!

Diane_Martinez
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I submitted mine, just in time (we have less than 45mins to go). However, I didn’t get a confirmation email. Is that expected? Because now I’m wondering if I fat fingered my email address when I submitted. :frowning:

Jeremy_Oglesby
14 - Jupiter
14 - Jupiter

I didn’t get any confirmation either, so I think you’re ok.