Help

Updates to bulk field operations

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Hello! I hope the week is off to a great start.

Here to share some exciting news about updates that were made to bulk field operations. Back in November, we released the ability to manage field permissions on multiple fields in bulk. Here are some of the changes you’ll notice starting today:

• The ability to select multiple fields, and hide them in one click.
  • The ability to select multiple fields (up to 50) to filter by within a single table with one click, enabling faster filtering and customization of information.
  • The ability to group by up to 3 fields with one click, for more fine-grained ability to categorize information.
  • The ability to select multiple fields, and move them in one click.

We hope that these updates make it easier for you to manage fields effectively and at scale, freeing up time for optimizations that accelerate process improvements.

bulk hide

Additional resources:

We can’t wait to hear your thoughts and feedback below!

17 Comments
Alexey_Gusev
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

I’m not tested yet, but this is cool. Magnificent and long awaited feature!

Karl_L
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Very nice to see! Highly useful when you work with imports a lot. It doesn’t mention deletion of fields but that would be nice too

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus

All of these are great improvements, but this one is will make structuring views so much easier

Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Whoa! That is super cool!

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

This is super awesome! :partying_face: :raised_hands:

Elias_Gomez_Sai
13 - Mars
13 - Mars

This is great and will be so much used! :clap:

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Looking forward to testing these new features out in my very busy base, thank you all! Keep up this fantastic work.

Justin_Barrett
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Awesome! Looking forward to much easier field management with these new features! :sunny:

Karlstens
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

The field multi-select options appear to be working well.

I’m hoping that these added field management features will eventually bridge into the ability to fold/group fields together (similar to Group tracks in Ableton Live for those musicians reading this).

Databaser
12 - Earth
12 - Earth

+1! Deletion of multiple fields in 1 go would also be very efficient. Just imported data. I can hide 16 fields but not delete them.