Help

Welcome to the new Airtable Community ๐Ÿš€

cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

Welcome to the new Airtable Community Experience! We are so excited to welcome you back.

Whether you've been a member of the Airtable Community since day one or you joined us a few clicks ago, thank you for being part of the community - you all bring Airtable to life in a way that inspires us every single day.

A few things to explore:

• Join a group. If you're looking to connect with like-minded individuals who are using Airtable for marketing or product operations, we've got you covered. If you're looking to help us shape the future of the Airtable Platform, we now have a Research Opportunities group and our product team can't wait to connect with you.
  • Introduce yourself to the rest of the community. We were all new once, let's celebrate one another.
  • Events. We now have a dedicated events calendar so you can keep a pulse on all the opportunities to connect with like-minded creators and the Airtable team.
  • Product Ideas. Take a look at our updated product ideas area. The team will be working hard over the next few weeks to get everything existing tagged with appropriate statuses, but we are looking forward to streamlining our ideas process with you all!
  • New and improved search functionality. Find the right answer to your question, faster, and in one place. The new Airtable Community search will provide results against the community, Airtable Help Center, and Developer Documentation at the same time.
  • Community Code of Conduct. In addition to our Community Guidelines, make sure to review our new Community Code of Conduct.
  • A note about private messages: DM's were not able to be migrated to the new platform - thank you for your understanding and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience as we've been offline the last few days. I also want to assure everyone that this migration is just the first step of many improvements we are looking into and we can't wait to iterate on this experience with all of you. That being said, change is hard and there are things that won't be the same or are a bit of an adjustment, but I am incredibly excited about the new programs we are going to be able to build utilizing this new technology as the community grows. As always, feel free to send me a message with your thoughts - lots more to come!

With gratitude,
Jordan

22 Comments
Matthew_Lanni
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Super cool! ๐ŸŽ‰

Kamille_Parks
16 - Uranus
16 - Uranus
  • Product Ideas. Take a look at our updated product ideas area. The team will be working hard over the next few years to get everything existing tagged with appropriate statuses, but we are looking forward to streamlining our ideas process with you all!

Yay!

Hannah_Wiginton
10 - Mercury
10 - Mercury

Awesome! Thanks @Jordan_Scott1! Excited to dig in.

Soly
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Awesome! The new forum looks great!!

• New and improved search functionality. Find the right answer to your question, faster, and in one place. The new Airtable Community search will provide results against the community, Airtable Help Center, and Developer Documentation at the same time.

Love it ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿ”Ž

Thanks @Jordan_Scott1 ๐Ÿ‘

Furst_Name
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

There is a lot of white space on the new community platform. Is there a Noddy's Guide as to where everything is? Perhaps a 'mark all as read' so that I only see new posts on each visit?

regards

Artur_Mkrtchya1
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This one looks shiny ๐Ÿ™‚ but discourse was way better when it comes to speed, usability and also what we are used too.

Bill_French
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

@Jordan_Scott1The year is almost 2023; thirty years after the advent of the interwebs and more than forty years after the first electronic bulletin boards appeared. Who would ever conceive of designing a collaborative community in 2023 without the ability to correct a typo in a post?

Editable post features have been around for most of your life and then some.

• USENet ... 1981
  • Compuserve supported editable posts in 1986
  • AOL forum supported editable posts in 1988
  • Ashton-Tate community supported editable posts in 1989
  • FidoNet ... 1990's
  • Lotus Notes ... 1991
  • Prodigy ... 1992
  • Google Groups ... 2001

The very first public bulletin board system was Community Memory, which started in August 1973 in Berkeley, California. It did not support editable posts, but - that was 50 years ago. How does it feel to roll the clock back 50 years with the new Airtable Community?

If I have somehow missed this feature, please enlighten me.

Jordan_Scott1
Airtable Alumni (Retired)

@Bill_French The ability to edit is enabled, but is being buggy for some reason, the Khoros team is investigating and it should be resolved tomorrow.

In the meantime, if you have any other feedback regarding the platform and what you'd like to see as we continue to make improvements over the next few months, please submit them here so we can easily share them with the Khoros team! We are committed to iterating on this experience with all your input to make this the best solution possible. Thank you for your flexibility during the transition period!

Andy_Cloke
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

@Jordan_Scott1some bugs I've spotted listed below.

In general the huge amount of white space makes it lots hard to grok the latest posts/ activity. The discourse felt much better in this regard, so would love to hear the reasons why you switched. You mention a 'A few things to explore' - perhaps adding instructions/ links to all these things would help use see the benefit of the new platform?

Bugs:

Major one - when I signed in for first time I got like 20 emails saying I'd achieved a loads of badges that I acheived ages ago

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.09.45.png

This button on file upload looks disabled but it's not.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.13.35.png

One I just noticed writing this post - if there's an image at the end of my post I can't type after it!

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.14.27.png

Lol, another one after clicking 'Post your comment'. I definitely do not have any invalid HTML in there.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.20.42.png

UI one - points outside of container on RHS.

Screenshot 2022-12-05 at 10.11.22.png

Andy_Cloke
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Another one I noticed after sending that - the image attachments didn't load for a couple of minutes of me clicking refresh, so it looked like they failed. If they're uploading in the background somewhere I think you need to add a loading placeholder.