cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonnie_Blake
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi there,
I’m trying to set up an automation that sends an email every day at 12:15am notifying security about who wants to come onto site today, and if they are “not approved”.

The email includes a grid of all records that match the conditions “date of entry is today” and approval status is “not approved”

I would like to include that day’s date in the subject line and the body of the email. I’ve set up a formula field to give me today’s date, and another field to format how I want it to look in the email, purely for the purposes of this automation.

My automation is set up as follows:

1. Send email at 12:15am every day
  2. Find records where date of entry is today, and approval status is not approved
  3. Send email

To insert today’s date into the email subject and body, I was inserting the field ‘todays date formatted’ from the find record step. But if I have say 3 records, it gives me the date 3 times.

Is there any way around this?

Ideally I would like the email to say:

Subject: Non approvals for “date”
Email: “People not cleared to come to site on “date” are as follows:” followed by the grid

Thanks community!

2 Replies 2

Ha, whenever I face this issue I end up creating a new table with a single row with the today's date formatted field equivalent, and getting my automation to search for that record instead

Hopefully someone else has a cleaner solution

Tito_Alverio
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Running into same issue. I'd rather not create another table for the sole purpose of having a date, but seems to be the current easy solution.