Help

Re: Adding The Same Information To Multiple Fields & a Complete "All Sub Tasks" Button

1003 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shawn_Garland
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am in the process of rolling out AT for Software Deployment Projects that I manage for about 6 different people.

We have a Projects Table, Tasks Table and a Team Listing Table. When the tasks are created, we have to manually assign the Engineer to each task, when its always going to be the same engineer doing every task for that specific project. The Engineer is a linked field from the Team Listings field. Theres also a Rollup field that captures this information.

I would also love to do the same for other fields as well, like a CRM Case number field that is the same for each task. 

I would also love the ability to click one button, and complete all subtasks (Long Text with RTF field formatted with checklist items)

I have a script that was written for us during implementation that creates the tasks already, if that would be helpful.

Thanks!

Shawn 

1 Reply 1

Yeah, for the linking of the Engineer record, if you could provide the script as well as the record ID of the engineer record that would be helpful to anyone who'd like to assist. 

> I would also love to do the same for other fields as well, like a CRM Case number field that is the same for each task. 
Same goes for the CRM case number

> I would also love the ability to click one button, and complete all subtasks (Long Text with RTF field formatted with checklist items)
Feels like you could just do this via an automation, really.  Make a checkbox field and trigger your automation off that, and do an "Update Record" action to paste the "Completed" version of the text into the field?  Might be some wonikness with the RTF stuff but should be fine I reckon

You can also hire me to do it all for you if you'd like