Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Airtable Automation | Email out PDFs using Button

Solved
Jump to Solution
314 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FPX
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi all 

I want to create a button within my interface that finds the PDF PO generated under my Orders table and send it out as an email only to the email address under a look up field.

The PDF PO is in my orders table (as below)

FPX_1-1727669995313.png

The email address I want to send this to is a lookup field in my orders table 

FPX_2-1727670078970.png

Below are what the conditions will need to be (i.e. Can only send out once the PO is generated)

FPX_0-1727669522240.png

@TheTimeSavingCo @kuovonne @ScottWorld - Appreciate any suggestions you guys have!

Thank you

George

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hello,

One way to do that is to add a checkbox field "Send Order" in your table, and to use this field as the trigger for the automation:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1727675202556.png

You add a "conditional logic" action set on field "Generate Purchase Order". If value is "PO Created" then:

- Send mail

- Update the record that triggered the automation to reset the checkbox and update a "Send Order status" field with value "Sent"

If "Generate Purchase Order" is not "PO Created" then update the record that triggered the automation to reset the checkbox and tu update field "Send order status" to "Not Sent".

You then have to options for your interface.

Option 1

If you use a list to display the different orders, then add the checkbox in the list and it becomes the button to send the order

Option 2

If you use an interface where you can have a Button with the "Update record" option, such as a "record review" interface to display a specific order on demand, you can add a button to update the checkbox to true and hence trigger the automation.

Regards,

Pascal

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Hello,

One way to do that is to add a checkbox field "Send Order" in your table, and to use this field as the trigger for the automation:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1727675202556.png

You add a "conditional logic" action set on field "Generate Purchase Order". If value is "PO Created" then:

- Send mail

- Update the record that triggered the automation to reset the checkbox and update a "Send Order status" field with value "Sent"

If "Generate Purchase Order" is not "PO Created" then update the record that triggered the automation to reset the checkbox and tu update field "Send order status" to "Not Sent".

You then have to options for your interface.

Option 1

If you use a list to display the different orders, then add the checkbox in the list and it becomes the button to send the order

Option 2

If you use an interface where you can have a Button with the "Update record" option, such as a "record review" interface to display a specific order on demand, you can add a button to update the checkbox to true and hence trigger the automation.

Regards,

Pascal

Thank you @Pascal_Gallais- how do I pull the email field from the record (located in the order table) into the Send To email? 

You need to call your lookup field "email ... (from supplier)" from the record that tiggered the automation:

Pascal_Gallais_0-1727679254023.png

And to select the "Value":

Pascal_Gallais_1-1727679295973.png

Regards,

Pascal

FPX
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Good stuff, that worked. Thank you for your detailed process.

FPX_0-1727684582536.png