1731 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gary_Arbuthnot
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Good Morning Everyone - I am trying to set up an automation with Slack but I cannot find out if my desired scenario is possible.

I run an Artist Management company and what I want to do is when an offer comes in for one of my artists to automatically send the details of that offer entered into Airtable to the artists private slack channel.

I know I can specify the artist channel in the slack automation but then I am restricted to that artist and that would mean setting up 150+ different automations to account for all artists. Is there a way for me to build the automation so that Airtable finds the private channel of the specific artist from the information in Airtable and then send it to that private channel? This would result in only 1 automation compared to 150+.

Hopefully that all makes sense. Thank you!

2 Replies 2
Erick_at_Revere
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

@Gary_Arbuthnot Create a sheet with your 150 artists. As one of the columns, have the Slack [Channel] ID of each artist in this one time setup.

You can now use this sheet and its values as a Linked Record and a Lookup Record.

So if you had a “requested project/artist” sheet, you could have the Slack ID as a Lookup Record based on the selected (requested) artist. (The selected artist field would have been the Linked Record column)

From there, you can set up a Slack Integration. When it asks you what channel, click on the gear to the right of the dropdown and select “Dynamic”. It’ll then ask you for the value. Select the Slack ID lookup record value. In other words, the channel ID of that user.

Hope this is what you are looking for, or that it gets you down a useful path.

Thank you so much Erick. Apologies for the delayed reply.