953 1
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SPARKIUS_Art
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi everyone, I’m new to Airtable and I’m NOT a coder.

I’m wondering if there is a way of auto-filling fields within a Record using json data?

Basically, I have a web app that automatically converts colour breakdowns for HEX, RGB, HSL, HSB & CMYK into a json file and I’d like to find a way of importing the data into individual fields within my Colour Record.

Here’s a copy of the json file that is generated:

{
“hex”:“#aba7b3”,
“websafe”:“#9999cc”,
“rgb”:{
“r”:171,
“g”:167,
“b”:179
},
“hsl”:{
“h”:260,
“s”:7,
“l”:68
},
“hsb”:{
“h”:260,
“s”:7,
“b”:70
},
“cmyk”:{
“c”:4,
“m”:7,
“y”:0,
“k”:30
}
}

Any help or advice is much appreciated.
Steve

1 Reply 1

You might be able to have your web app send the JSON data to Airtable by using the incoming webhook trigger of Airtable’s automations, but you’d need to stay under the size limit, and I also believe that you would need to write your own custom JavaScript to loop through all the JSON data:

Alternatively, for a no-code way of doing this that doesn’t have any limitations, you could have your web app send the JSON data to a webhook at Make.com — or you could manually upload the JSON file into a cloud drive like Google Drive.

Then, you could use the Parse JSON module to parse the JSON file and then you would use the Airtable modules to send the data into Airtable.

Note that if the data comes in through a webhook (as opposed to a cloud drive), you might be able to skip over the Parse JSON step altogether and go straight to the Airtable step.

Links below: