Help

Re: Automate running Twilio Block everyday at 10:00 a.m.?

406 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brite_Admin
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

I followed Provonosts tutorial on setting up a scheduler in AirTable but hit a roadblock. It looks like the actions available allow you to run a script but do not include running an App Block like Twilio. I have a view set up that I want to send a text to anyone in that view every day at 10:00.

Is this possible? If it can’t be done directly, Is a possible workaround to create a script that runs the Twilio Block? If so, I have no experience in writing the needed script so any help would be appreciated.

2 Replies 2

Hi @Brite_Admin

No experience in scripting here, but could a free Zapier integration do the trick for you?

Unfortunately, Airtable is a somewhat dysfunctional/disconnected platform, meaning that many different parts of the product simply can’t communicate with one another.

For example, apps can’t be automated, buttons can’t trigger automations, and buttons can’t run most apps.

Apps are essentially their own little islands that must be triggered manually by the user. It makes them much less useful than they would be otherwise, and it makes them weak instead of powerful.

I would highly recommend emailing support@airtable.com to let them know that you would really like to see automations integrated with apps.

So, as @Databaser mentioned above, your best bet is to use a no-code/low-code automation platform like Zapier or Integromat.

I started with Zapier until I discovered Integromat. Integromat is a way more powerful, more flexible, more feature-rich, more customizable, and less expensive platform than Zapier, with none of the limitations of Zapier.

And most importantly, Integromat has full 100% support for Airtable, whereas Zapier only has partial support for Airtable.

Integromat also has more advanced scheduling functions than Zapier, but both platforms would allow you to easily schedule your texts to be sent out every day 10:00am.

I am a professional Airtable consultant and a Registered Integromat Partner, and the Integromat link contains my personal referral code. If you have a budget for your project and you would like to hire an expert consultant to help you set all of this up, please feel free to contact me through my website at scottworld.com.