cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rashid_Anwar
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone,

I have an Airtable view containing filtered records that may change daily.
I want to set up an automation to send an email with all the view records as an attachment (CSV/PDF/Excel) or in the email body, every day if the view contains any records. 

Is it possible with the SendGrid App?

What is the best way to achieve this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Best regards
Rashid

5 Replies 5
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Airtable doesn't have any built-in way of automating the creation of a CSV file, an Excel file, or a PDF file. (While there is a little-known trick to turn a Document Automator file into a PDF file, the documents created by Document Automator are so basic that most people do not go down this path.)

Your #1 best bet is to sign up for an account with Make, which will let you automate the creation of your CSV files, Excel files, and PDF files on a regular schedule, and you can choose records just from a particular view.

I discuss importing and exporting CSV files with Make on this episode of the BuiltOnAir podcast.

For PDF files, one of the most popular PDF creation tools for Airtable is DocuMint. This can also be automated by using Make’s DocuMint automations

Another popular tool is Docs Automator, which integrates with Google Docs.

However, as you desired, you can choose ANY document creation app that you would like, and automate the PDF creation process by using Make.

You can use good old fashioned Google Docs, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, or even newer apps like Formstack Documents or PDF Monkey.

There is a small learning curve with Make, which is why I created this basic navigation video to help. I also provide the links to a few other Make training resources there as well.

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld

Thank you so much @ScottWorld. Actually the main purpose is to send all the records in the view to the recipient every day. It doesn't matter whether it's an email attachment in the form of a document or its a tabular text in the body of the email. 

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

For text only: As long as there are always less than 100 records on your view, then you would be able to do that natively with Airtable's built-in automations.

@ScottWorld, I guess the records wouldn't be more than 100. Can you please share some guidance or video that how to use that native automation for sending the view records if they are less than 100? Thanks!

Just create an automation that triggers on a schedule, find the records based on the view, and then send the email by inserting a grid of records.