Help

Re: Automatically add a new record when field linked to multiple records is updated

570 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Elyes80
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi everyone,

I have Table A with a list of suppliers, Table B with a list of generic products (linked to multiple suppliers from Table A), and Table C with a list of specific products linked to a specific generic product from Table B and a specific supplier from Table A.

I would like from Table B that when I add a new supplier to a generic product (in the supplier field linked to multiple suppliers), it automatically creates a new record in Table C, with the specific supplier associated to the generic product.

Any help on this would be much appreciated ?

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

An automation with a "Run a script" action would be simplest if you know how to do that / know someone who could help you with that

If not, an alternative is to force the creation of new records by pasting unique comma separated values into a linked field, and you can find an example of that here

The example works by:
1. Having an automation that finds the relevant template records and pastes them into a specific text field
2. Having a formula field that will format it into a unique comma separated list of values
3. Having another automation that will then paste the values from the previous point into a linked field, forcing multiple record creation

In your case, I think you could trigger the automation when the supplier gets added to the product, look for all the products that that supplier is linked to and paste that into said specific text field from step 1 above

And if you're open to third party options, Zapier's got a line item action that may help with this as well I think

Elyes80
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks @TheTimeSavingCo  for your response and your help. 

I was hoping for a more simple solution. I tried a script from a previous topic but without success.

Elyes80_0-1674574679588.png