Help

Re: Automatically creating graphic of AirTable survey responses and sharing automatically via email

847 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Katherine_McLai
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I would like to take participants’ responses to an Airtable survey, create a visualization of them, and send the graphic via email. There will be a lot of participants who complete the survey, so I would like to automate this process.

The goal is that:
(1) a participant completes the survey
(2) a graphic is automatically generated from their unique survey responses
(3) this graphic is automatically sent to that specific participant via email.

Is there a way using to configure this within AirTable such that a unique graphic is generated automatically based on a participant’s survey responses and that this unique graphic is sent to them automatically via email?

3 Replies 3

Welcome to the community, @Katherine_McLain!

You can’t natively automate the creation of a graphic and then email it within Airtable, but you could automate the graphic creation with the help of external tools, and then you could automate the entire creation/emailing process by writing your own custom JavaScripts or by using an external automation tool such as Integromat.

First you would need to choose what tool you want to create your graphic or document in. Some popular choices are:

• DocuMint, which comes with a companion Airtable app, or can be automated via scripting or a no-code/low-code automation tool like my personal favorite Integromat:
  • Google Slides, which can be automated by scripting, Integromat, or On2Air: Amplify:

If you didn’t need the process automated at all, you could manually generate the graphic by using Airtable’s Page Designer.

p.s. This can all be a little bit tricky if it’s your first time doing it. If you have a budget for this project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant & Integromat Expert+ Partner to help you create this, please feel free to contact me through my website at ScottWorld.com:

@ScottWorld Thank you for your response! You mentioned that it might be possible for me to automate the creation/emailing process using custom JavaScripts. Is this something that would be possible using Airtable scripts? If I understand correctly, these run on JavaScript.

Right, scripts means JavaScript.