cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ariel_Sigler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,
Automation actions doesn’t support Google Docs.
Does anyone know if this action will be supported in the future.?
Thanks
Ariel

12 Replies 12
M_k
11 - Venus
11 - Venus

Hi @Ariel_Sigler

I don’t know if it will be supported within Airtable, but you can do this with Integromat, now.

They have a free account. It’s at integromat.com

Hope this helps.

Mary Kay

Thank you so much
I will try that.

@Ariel_Sigler

You are welcome!

Mary K

Mary, It looks really promising and straight forward to design.
However, when running the automation it seems like only the airtable part PASS, I don’t get any information on the DOC. Actually the result DOC wasn’t created.
Maybe I should wait 15 minutes?

Ariel_Sigler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

This is how it looks like after runing:

@Ariel_Sigler

If you give me some time, I can provide screenshots of my scenario.

In the meantime, can you provide more details. Also, screenshots of both modules, opened up. If there is sensitive information, you could block that out. The screenshots would help.

Even if you give me a generic layout of your template, because you have to set that up too.

Mary

Thanks Again for helping.
I’ve advanced a bit since.
Now Google Docs is alive.
I get the new file created but in it , in places where I put {{text}} ,no updated airtable records are being replaced with.

Here is an HANDLER error which might point to the problem.
But I don’t know how to solve it.

Hi @Ariel_Sigler

Are you typing in the correct name/s of the field, exactly as you have it in Airtable? Did you set up your template correctly, by choosing the “Template” option? I found that it was a bit tricky to do this setup. I also had to use the original template, not a copy and I had to create a GDrive folder. I realize these are basic questions.

The other thing I did is I set up a view for the record/s that I wantEd to use for the template.

I am attaching screenshots of my scenario, maybe it will help. Your setup will probably not be the same, since I have both text and images, but hopefuly it can give you an idea.

image image image image image image

Ariel_Sigler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thanks for sharing:

Are you typing in the correct name/s of the field, exactly as you have it in Airtable? Did you set up your template correctly, by choosing the “Template” option? I found that it was a bit tricky to do this setup. I also had to use the original template, not a copy and I had to create a GDrive folder. I realize these are basic questions.

Yes, Yes, Yes/

The other thing I did is I set up a view for the record/s that I wantEd to use for the template.
I did the Same.

This is part of the Google doc template. Maybe something is wrong with my {{ }}

Ariel_Sigler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

P.S
What do you mean by “I had to use my original templae” not a copy.
How can I tell that my source is original and not a copy ? (hope it is not a silly Q :slightly_smiling_face:
Maybe you are right here and in Google Drive I have to “do some sort of preparation” on the source template file?

Ariel_Sigler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

One more Q:

When you run and check your automation.
Do you see the input values to Google DOC in this array manner?

Ariel_Sigler
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

The problem was with the linked values.
I linked the array so it seems and not the value inside: