cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nicolas_Caplat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Good morning,

I’m discovering the automations, with sending an email when a record matches a defined condition - so far so good.
But the little problem (or limit I should say) is that I have multiple tables with many entries, and I’d like to add some details to the email sent: at least the table / base name, and ideally some way to identify the concerned record, with for example the first or second column value. Do you think it’s possible, please ?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Regards.

Nicolas Caplat

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi Nicolas, hmm, what issues are you facing when you add dynamic values to your email body? That would enable you to add the first or second column value of the record that triggers the automation into the email body, I believe

add dynamic value

Unfortunately, the table / base name aren’t accessible via the dynamic values of automations, and so you would have to write those in manually, and have one tabe / base name detail included per automation

I feel like I’ve misunderstood your question though; apologies if that’s the case!

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Hi Nicolas, hmm, what issues are you facing when you add dynamic values to your email body? That would enable you to add the first or second column value of the record that triggers the automation into the email body, I believe

add dynamic value

Unfortunately, the table / base name aren’t accessible via the dynamic values of automations, and so you would have to write those in manually, and have one tabe / base name detail included per automation

I feel like I’ve misunderstood your question though; apologies if that’s the case!

Nicolas_Caplat
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hello @Adam_TheTimeSavingCo ,

Thanks a lot, the dynamic values was exactly what I was looking for ! for some reason, I didn’t see the details I needed, but that seems ok now, great :slightly_smiling_face:
About the table or base name, that’s not a problem to write this manually: while I have hundreds (and soon, thousands) of records, I have only 4-5 bases … so customizing the automation for each isn’t a problem. Would you please mind elaborating a bit on what I should do ? apologize for such noob questions … while I’m pretty confident writing some scripting (Maxscript in 3dsmax mostly), the world of Airtable is new to me !

Thanks again for your precious help,

Regards.

Hi Nicolas, I was thinking we’d just type in the base / table name into the Message box actually!

Screenshot 2022-06-10 at 11.31.49 AM

Good morning @Adam_TheTimeSavingCo !
Ahahhaha sooooo obvious indeed lol. Since it’s static, and not dynamic, that couldn’t be simpler :grinning_face_with_big_eyes: sorry for the inconvenience, I feel stupid on this one.

Thanks again for your help,

Have a nice day.

Regards.