4883 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GM-in-Chicago
5 - Automation Enthusiast

HI All--- I have several automations set up and would like to create this one below. I am trying to set up what feels like a relatively simple automation, but cant figure this out. Can anyone help? 

Short explanation
 I want that....
1. when a specific form that I use, is submitted...
2. containing 1 of any 3 options in the dropdown,
3. to update a different record in the base.
---- 
More details
I am trying to eliminate a manual step that I have to do each time this form is submitted. After a form is submitted, I have to find the record and update a field to "N/A" whenever a form is submitted as Paid. N/A tells other team members that the invoice does not need payment. Basically what I want is that any time a form is submitted as "paid" it should also have "N/A" applied automatically. But I can't figure this out?! We have 3 different credit cards that we use so, really, any time the form has been submitted with any of the three cards (Paid Visa, Paid MC, Paid Amex)... I want N/A to automatically update into the record.

Visual Attached
Any time the form is submitted with "Paid" in column 1 (1 of the 3 examples in green below, 2 more not shown); I want column 2 to automatically apply "N/A"

Thanks--- also how do I know when/if anyone responds to this?! (First time--- oh wait I see the "email me when someone replies box checked)

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Thanks for the details and the visual!  I've put an automation together here for you to check out which I...think is what you're looking for?

Screen Recording 2023-03-18 at 4.02.17 PM.gif

See Solution in Thread

Ah I see, yeap should be fine.  You should be able to see how the automation's set up automatically actually, but if you're still facing issues try duplicating the base into your own workspace

The idea is to have the same trigger and add a conditional action that checks whether the form submission has the selected records in them, and then do whatever you need to if it passes that check

> Records A, B, or C must be selected by the form-user before submission. 
I don't think this is possible actually.  You could try prefilling the form if you want?  I'm really not too sure what we're trying to do anymore actually, apologies!

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Thanks for the details and the visual!  I've put an automation together here for you to check out which I...think is what you're looking for?

Screen Recording 2023-03-18 at 4.02.17 PM.gif

GM-in-Chicago

Thank you for creating this for me--- but I am not sure that is what exactly is required of me to build the automation. I cannot configure my automation in the same way-- I am not provided with the same prompts. See the screen shot. I actually have set up a one step automation before: "Update a record (action)" when "Form A is submitted (trigger)" Works like a charm! In fact I am attempting to use what I have created to produce the automation that I want-- but I am having confusion-- (specifically around the Airtable Record ID)

What I am hoping to accomplish now is... "Update a Record (same action)" when "Form A is submitted (same trigger) with any of the following records -- Record A, Record B, Record C-- already selected within it. Records A, B, or C must be selected by the form-user before submission. 

Take a peek at the screenshot that is attached; I am prompted to use this as I build this out... It does not look like your automation. I do not have the ability to see the "configuration" area--- so not sure it can be built the way you are showing?

Thanks again!!

Ah I see, yeap should be fine.  You should be able to see how the automation's set up automatically actually, but if you're still facing issues try duplicating the base into your own workspace

The idea is to have the same trigger and add a conditional action that checks whether the form submission has the selected records in them, and then do whatever you need to if it passes that check

> Records A, B, or C must be selected by the form-user before submission. 
I don't think this is possible actually.  You could try prefilling the form if you want?  I'm really not too sure what we're trying to do anymore actually, apologies!

Thank you--- I got it to work eventually using "conditions" feature. I appreciate your assistance. Are you able to remove the shared base you have with me? I want to clean up our workspace.....

Thank you so much!