Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matthieu_LABERI
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi,
I sell box plant with suscription.
The customer choose on my website 3 ou 6 month and one on the subscription type : A,B,C,D.
The record come from shopify and come to Airtable.
I want to create a record by month with the product i have to send : for exemple, for 3 month, 3 records with the product i have to delivery.

The record will be :
MONTH1-(ID of the order) : product 1,2,3
MONTH2-(ID of the order) : product 4,5,6

To help, I create a separate table which say :
Subscription A / 1st month = Product 1, Product 2, Product 3
Subscrition A / 2nd month = Product 4, Product 5, Product 6

I do it for all subscription type.

I try some automation but i have some error :
if subscription type is A and this is the 1st month, put on the column “product to send” the product 1,2 and 3
if subscription type is A and this is the 2nd month, put on the column “product to send” the product 4,5,6 and 3

I always have error :

Capture d’écran 2021-11-22 à 23.29.36

Can you help me please ?

Thank’s for your help

Matthieu

1 Reply 1

While this could be done using a script, the following solution only involves Lookups and the Create Record action step:

Assuming your Subscription table is set up like this, where each subscription record has 6 fields to identify which products go out at each month:

Then your Orders table could have 6 lookups fields (one for each month), and a setup like this where they indicate the number of months and a link to the appropriate Subscription (the 6 hidden fields are the lookups):

Finally use 2 different automations set up in roughly the same way: one automation for Orders with 3 months, and another automaiton for Orders with 6 months.

The flow of the 3 month Automation would be this:

And each Create Record step would look like this:

• Link the Order record from the trigger record ID
  • Type in the appropriate month number (1, 2, or 3)
  • Get the list of products to link to from the appropriate Lookup field (select: Make new list of [Linked Record] > Make new list of [ID])

Your end result would look like: