816 5
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Siobhan_Mc_Kenn
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am running an automation from a view in a synced base. The trigger is at a scheduled time which has been set and the actions are “Find Records” + “Send Email”.

Emails are sending at the scheduled time but are included outdated records that do not match the view from which the automation is derived.

Any ideas what I am doing wrong?

5 Replies 5

Hi @Siobhan_Mc_Kenna

Welcome to Airtable Community !

From the little context we have I would say that this is a Timezone issue. Correct me if Im wrong.

Why not just trigger the automation from the view? “When Record Enters View”. What I sometimes do is add a field with a time trigger to do so

Surely if its sending the email at the scheduled time, it should be finding the records at that time also?

Synced tables are only periodically updated. If no-one is using the base, the sync can be very infrequent.

How out of date are the records, and how long has it been since the last activity in the base?

If it has been a while before the last activity, you can try a two automation system. Have one scheduled automation several minutes before your regular automation. The purpose of this automation is to “wake up” the base. Have this automation docs it’s own “find records” action in the synced table to wake up the base and resync. You may need to play with the interval between the two automations.

The view is constantly updating and if I check the view from which the automation is generated prior to the scheduled time for the email to be sent, it is correct and up to date but the grid of records in the email is not correct

Hmmm this is a bit weird @Siobhan_Mc_Kenna

Can you share screenshots of the automation setup ?