340 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobG-ND
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I may be having a particularly dense day here, however am not understanding how to automate the following situation:

I have four workflow records for each project in a table. There are multiple projects in the table. The workflow records are, in order "project name" Define, "project name" Design, "Project Name" Build and "Project Name" Test.  Each has a status of "Not Started", "In Progress" or "Done".  

What I want to do is, based on the trigger of the status changing from "In Progress" to "Done" in one task, set the status in the subsequent task to "In Progress".  I can select the trigger record without a problem, but how can I move to the next record in the sequence?

1 Reply 1

Hmm, you would need to have a "Find Record" action to help you find the next task I'm afraid, and so your automation would be like:

1. Trigger when record status changes from "In Progress" to "Done"
  - Conditional 1: IF project name = "Define", "Find Record" action to look for the "Design" record for this project, update it to "In Progress"
  - Conditional 2: IF project name = "Design", "Find Record" action to look for the "Build" record for this project, update it to "In Progress"
  - etc..

Does that make sense?