213 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
raffy
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi everyone, I'm a beginner at airtable automation (so excuse the novice question) - I'm trying to figure out how to set up an automation to send an email with attachment when a new record is created. Same attachment will be going to all emails. 

More info: 

1. User fills out a form on website with email address. 
2. New record is created in Airtable table "Contacts" with the email address
3. I think this record then needs to be updated to include the attachment (unsure how to do this) so that it can be attached in the email automation

Any help would be greatly appreciated 🙂 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Thanks!  In your email automation try adding a "Find Record" action to look for the record "Checklist" in "Attachment", this'll let you add it to your email in the Attachments field:

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 10.58.32 AM.png

And I've set it up here so you can see how it's set up

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6

Is the attachment in another table in the same base?  Could you provide screenshots of the relevant tables and fields?

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@raffy 

In order to do this, you would need to setup a “global attachment field” in your base.

Unfortunately, Airtable doesn’t natively support “global fields”, so you will have to “hack” this yourself.

I give complete step-by-step directions on how to create an email with an attachment field from a global attachment field in this Airtable podcast episode.

Hope this helps! If you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with anything Airtable-related, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consultant — ScottWorld 

Yes, the attachment is in another table in the same base. The setup at the moment is pretty basic because I'm so new to this and am not sure what the best way is to set this up 😅 One table has just "email" which feeds in from a form on a website. The other table has just the attachment - screenshots attached. I think I need to somehow get the table with emails to update each time a new record is created, to link to the attachment (but am unsure how to do this)

Thanks!  In your email automation try adding a "Find Record" action to look for the record "Checklist" in "Attachment", this'll let you add it to your email in the Attachments field:

Screenshot 2024-04-25 at 10.58.32 AM.png

And I've set it up here so you can see how it's set up

That’s another good way of doing it as well!

raffy

Both of these solutions worked - thank you both so much!