Help

Re: Automation to send an email with names of who signed-up to an event with today's date

Solved
Jump to Solution
541 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jessica_Crocker
5 - Automation Enthusiast

We take bookings online for a fortnightly gardening session, and the attendees' details are then added/ updated in an Airtable list.

Before each fortnightly session, we currently manually send the list of who is signed up to the session leader which feels inefficient! I have setup the Airtable/ bookings so that the dates people signed-up to auto-populate, currently as a list since they may sign-up to multiple dates, eg "03-05-2023, 17-05-2023," etc. I'd love to find an automation which searches for today's date in this field and sends an email to the leader with the sign-up people but I can't see a way to do this. There is an automation option to Send an email when the date field matches 'Actual trigger time' but not sure how this is formatted/ if it would work.

Hope this makes sense and would welcome any suggestions!

thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Assuming you've got an "Events" and "People" table like so:

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 9.24.21 PM.png

You could potentially create an automation that would identify the record with today's date and send that list of participants via email?

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 9.24.40 PM.png

Link to base

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Assuming you've got an "Events" and "People" table like so:

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 9.24.21 PM.png

You could potentially create an automation that would identify the record with today's date and send that list of participants via email?

Screenshot 2023-04-12 at 9.24.40 PM.png

Link to base

Jessica_Crocker

Oh brilliant! This is a great solution, I've made a yes/no column for today's date and updated my automation, I think it should work, thanks so much! 🙂