823 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jan_Bryson
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m working on a Risk Register. I’d like the Priority single select field to display options ranging from very low to very high, depending on the risk rating number that is returned through a formula field. For example, the formula field may determine the risk rating to be 25. I’d like the Priority single select field to display the words ‘very high’ in red. If the number value is returned as 5, I’d like the Priority field to display ‘very low’ in green.

4 Replies 4

Hi @Jan_Bryson

I think that the problem with using automations for this, is that you can’t diversify the action based on the conditional trigger. I would use a formula field with a SWITCH() function and then use a conditional color code to highlight the records depending on their risk.

MikeKennedy
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi @Databaser

I’m trying to do the same based on a formula field. The output is needed to colour code a map marker in the Map app, so this calculated (Yes/No) field needs to be replicated as a Single-select field. Is this possible? I only need an automation to trigger this script twice a day.

Thanks,

Hi @MikeKennedy and welcome to the community!

Airtable now has conditional automation actions, which allows you to fill in a single select field, based upon the calculated result your mentioning. In the map app, you can then use the colours from that single select field to be reflected.

Thanks @Databaser

That worked perfectly!