1179 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gabi_Messina
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yesterday I build a number of automations that I fully tested and worked fine but are now broken.

Trigger is new record in a view
Action is update record
What breaks is identifying the record. I want to update 1-2 records that are linked to the trigger record. Since you cannot use a link in the record ID column I have a look up of the record ID.

I now have 2 issues.

1. The links are showing as not valid (picture 1) where yesterday this was totally fine
  2. I cannot click to add the values. There is a open symbol but when I click it, nothing opens.

Of course I publicly launched the process that relies on these automations today so it’s critical I get resolution to this ASAP.

Capture

Capture2

32 Replies 32

First of all thanks for everyone who took the time to consider my problem and especially to Justin for perservering.

When I created a fresh base, reproducing the essential structure and automations… it worked!

I tried cross referencing the base that didn’t work and everything looked identical. I then deleted both automations from the initial base and re-wrote them, and it worked here too! The solution was probably rewriting the first automation that recorded the Record ID of the timesheet record in the Jobs table for later re-use, as I had deleted and rewritten the second one many times.

If I was reading this I would assume that I just made a silly mistake that I still haven’t spotted. But as I am writing this I am going to insist that there was some “background” bug that created the issue on inital deployment :slightly_smiling_face:

Anyway you can have a look at what I was doing here in case you are curious: https://airtable.com/invite/l?inviteId=invX5t40GDxg1PwzM&inviteToken=7519927d08db12653f009c1a3007cd9...

A final update for those interested…! After using for a while I have seen that this automation does randomly fail reasonably frequently. Failure seems to be correlated with situations in which there is more “going on”. Ie lots of records or moving things between categories a lot. Therefore I wouldn’t rely on this method as a robust solution at the moment, possibly automations need a bit more time to mature.

Okay! This seems to be a similar problem that I am having also.

Problem: Failed to construct the value for “Message”. ==> The trigger WORKS, the action of writing the email is not working, therefore the ACTION does not fire.

Process:

1. User fills in the form
  2. User gets an automatic confirmation email upon submitting the form (the body of the email includes the details of the form) - email body incorporates responses and some responses are selections (ie, links to another tab).

Basically, I have a form that incorporates a linked function from another tab in my database, as a selection for the user. The idea is to give the client a range of options to choose from BUT these are not lookup functions, they are LINKED TO ANOTHER TAB.

Could this be the reason for my issue?

PS: I have no lookup functions in the data collection process (the form that is filled in)