787 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stacey_Fisher
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I have a base that I am using as a CRM. We have one tab with all of our contacts listed and one tab with all of our opportunities. There are hundreds of records in each. I’ve just realised, when attempting to export a list of emails related to opportunities by stage (for example a list of all of the emails associated with our wam leads) that our sales associate set the opportunities up without ever linking the contacts to each opportunity. I now need to bulk link them all. Is there an easy way to do this that doesn’t involve going into each opportunity individually? Thanks.

3 Replies 3

You’re saying that each stage would be linked to a different opportunity?

If so, just create a view that is filtered by a particular stage, and then use the Batch Update extension to update all the contacts on that view:

Russell_Findlay
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

If I have understood this correctly you have two tables that are not connected at all - ie you don’t have a record of which email connects to which opportunity.

On that basis - you need to find some rule to be able to connect them together - in other words a field in common

Do both tables have an ‘account’ field for example

If so create a third table called accounts

Create a list of account records by copying the full list of accounts from both tables into this new table and then de duping -

Then for each of the opportunities and contacts tables change the accounts field type from text to linked record and link to the new accounts table - and bingo your base is now a relational database …

If you don’t want to maintain a separate accounts table (common with a CRM) then there will be a couple of more steps to this which involve creating a look up field and then changing field types to make this connection happen

If the field in common is “email”- I would advise you not to have a separate email table - but to temporarily make the email the name field in the contacts base then change the opportunities field with email to a linked record field to connect the two tables and then you can switch the fields in contacts back.

Did you consider another tool than Airtable for that ? I found folk recently and it’s way more dedicated to contact management