Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: Button - Make Hook and Update Record

Solved
Jump to Solution
393 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AFTS-STEVE
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi guys, I current have a button that opens a url that is a Make Web Hook, I was wondering is there anyway for the same button to also update the record.

My plan is to open url to send email in sengrid, aswell as update status from Open > Sent. 

Has anyone done this before? Any assistance would be really helpful 

Thank you!

AFTSSTEVE_0-1726743042854.png

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, when you're using Make's custom webhooks, just use Make's Airtable modules to update the record.

See screenshot below for how this could look. You can also add in a "webhook response" to tell the user anything that you want to tell them in their browser window.

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 12.20.17 PM.png

Hope this helps!

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Yes, when you're using Make's custom webhooks, just use Make's Airtable modules to update the record.

See screenshot below for how this could look. You can also add in a "webhook response" to tell the user anything that you want to tell them in their browser window.

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 12.20.17 PM.png

Hope this helps!

— ScottWorld, Expert Airtable Consultant

AFTS-STEVE

Thank you @ScottWorld that made me look stupid haha, am I missing something here, I can see my field just fine, but where would I include what the field should end up as?

AFTSSTEVE_0-1726746640810.png

Try untoggling "Map":

Screenshot 2024-09-19 at 8.20.12 PM.png

That should allow you to select from the existing options in the "Status" field!

Thank you!