Help

Can't figure out why automation isn't working - newbie here!

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
1200 2
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flourishflowers
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I have a very basic automation and I can't figure out why it doesn't seem to be working.... when the amount paid is equal or greater to $300, I want to have a check box or single select text that says they are paid in full.

I have a screen shot of the test I ran in the automation where it looks like the 'yes' single select text is added.  but when I go to my base, it's not there.  I've watched over an hour of help videos and tried multiple things.  I'm a newbie, I would appreciate the help! Thank you!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hey @flourishflowers

I guess that you test the automation in test mode and not "As configured" so the pop up shows you how the action with run if you turn it on. 

Also for this purpose my recommendation is to use as a trigger "When record is updated". 

Alternatively to automation, you could use in your case an if formula that could check if the paid amount and the check box and return the result. In this way you could save automations from your system. 

For any further question feel free to text in community 🙂 

Yours sincerely, 
Dimitris Goudis

See Solution in Thread

2 Replies 2

Hey @flourishflowers

I guess that you test the automation in test mode and not "As configured" so the pop up shows you how the action with run if you turn it on. 

Also for this purpose my recommendation is to use as a trigger "When record is updated". 

Alternatively to automation, you could use in your case an if formula that could check if the paid amount and the check box and return the result. In this way you could save automations from your system. 

For any further question feel free to text in community 🙂 

Yours sincerely, 
Dimitris Goudis

flourishflowers

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!  I was quite frustrated and both of your suggestions worked!  I decided to go with the formula since it seems better suited to my needs, but I'm happy to have another tool in my automation knowledge.  I very much appreciate it!!