cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Remy_Katan
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello,

I try to use a single conditionnal automation to send differents emails each triggered by a different checkbox. checked box “check box 1” will send the “check box 1 email”, checked box “check box 2” will send the check box 2 emaiL.
So i just need IF and not otherwise condition. If check 1 is pressed i want to send check 1 email even if check 2 is checked or not…

Thank you

2022-05-12 09_13_49-Untitled Base_ Table 1 - Airtable
IMG_20220512_093645

1 Reply 1

Unfortunately, Airtable’s conditionals are currently very weak, so what you want to do is not currently possible with Airtable’s Automations.

Please be sure to email support@airtable.com about improving conditionals in automations.

In the meantime, you only have 3 options:

1. Create multiple automations. Let’s say you have 5 different emails. You would need to create up to 5 different automations, one for each email. (Although technically, you could get away with only 3 automations for 5 emails.) It’s unfortunate that you are required to create multiple automations, though, because Airtable only gives you a limited number of automations to work with.

2. Write a custom JavaScript to handle this for you.

3. Use a professional automation tool like Make.com, which handles conditionals properly by giving you an unlimited amount of routers & filters to create an unlimited number of conditional paths. (Zapier also offers some conditional capabilities, but their conditionals are extremely limited in quantity and functionality and user-friendliness.)