Help

Checking HTTP Status Code all URLs in a Column (Everyday)

Solved
Jump to Solution
957 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
admin_nerd
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I want to check Checking HTTP Status Code everyday in automation, how can I do that?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Within Airtable, I think you need to use a script extension. Fetch all url and run them in a loop. But it needs to run it manually(hit the run button) every day.

If we use any general api request/response using fetch methods normally it needs 1/2 second to fetch and get a response if there is server is working. But in this case, we are checking URLs which are working or not. In this case, some URLs took more time to respond because there was no response(Or other response) that's why it took more time and within the airtable automation script, it goes to timeout.

Otherwise, use script outside airtable with some programming language and update things via airtable api and set a cron daily.

See Solution in Thread

6 Replies 6
dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Thank, I try but it run one time not everyday

Can you just tell me how many URLs you need to check every day?

If the number is more then you divide them into multiple chunks or need to use some extra filter-based field to mark them checked for a day. Because Airtable's automation script has a limit of 30 seconds to execute all sets of codes. Keep that in mind and create a script based on it.

Otherwise, you need to use the script extension block, which is run on your machine(browser). But it always needs interaction to start it.

Another option is(if the number of URLs is more than 1k) to create some programming-based script and put it on the basic server, and run it via cron. 

I hope this helps 🙂

40 - 50 url, I want automation run once a day 

Thank you

dilipborad
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

Within Airtable, I think you need to use a script extension. Fetch all url and run them in a loop. But it needs to run it manually(hit the run button) every day.

If we use any general api request/response using fetch methods normally it needs 1/2 second to fetch and get a response if there is server is working. But in this case, we are checking URLs which are working or not. In this case, some URLs took more time to respond because there was no response(Or other response) that's why it took more time and within the airtable automation script, it goes to timeout.

Otherwise, use script outside airtable with some programming language and update things via airtable api and set a cron daily.

Thank you for your advice.