Help

Save the date! Join us on October 16 for our Product Ops launch event. Register here.

Re: combining multiple records in email through automation

29 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bssmaster8
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am working on a service workflow that would require me to send estimates for projects. I can set up an automation to send a single estimate at a time but Im struggling to find a way to send multiple estimate in a single automation to a client with multiple project requests.

4 Replies 4

Hello,

If each estimate corresponds to a single record, you need to add a "find records" action in your automation to collect all records that should be considered and use the result of this action in your mail content.

Regards,

Pascal

Thanks @Pascal_Gallais-I think that is only part of the solution. So I need to find records that have a status of "Ready for Estimate" AND are tied to the same client. Im trying to avoid sending individual estimate for each project when a client might have 1 or two they have requested from us.

Hmm, @Pascal_Gallais- 's solution works fine for that

Your "Find Record" action would look for records with the correct Status and are linked to the client in question, and you'd send the results of that as a Grid or a List in your email as needed?

Hello,

Here are a few screen captures to illustrate.

Table Project

Pascal_Gallais_0-1727423554680.png

Table project is linked to table client

Table client

Pascal_Gallais_1-1727423605625.png

"Send mail" is a checkbox to trigger the automation

"Last mail action" tracks when automation was last run for a given record:

Pascal_Gallais_2-1727423686975.png

Automation

Triggered when "Send mail" is checked on client table:

Pascal_Gallais_3-1727423770929.png

"Find records" action on table project for selected client and where status is "Ready for estimate":

Pascal_Gallais_4-1727423845108.png

"Send an email" action:

Pascal_Gallais_5-1727423889900.png

"To" and "Subject" get information from the client table's record that triggered the automation

Mail content is a grid coming from the "Find records" action:

Pascal_Gallais_6-1727423258123.png

Last update action is there to reset field "Send Mail" on client table:

Pascal_Gallais_7-1727423311943.png

Here is what the mail looks like when testing the automation:

Pascal_Gallais_8-1727423384806.png

Regards,

Pascal