cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
digitalcb
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi, I need help with this thing...

I have a Table with some Checkboxes columns and I need to block some of this columns to be checked based on the input of another column. How could I do it?

For example: I have checkboxes for Option 1, 2 and 3. In the column A, if it's written Answer A all three options will be checkable, but if it's written Answer B only option 1 and 2 will be checkable. How can I block this 3rd checkbox to be checked in all the column?

Thank you in advance!

1 Reply 1

There is only one way of doing this in Airtable. The only way to do this in Airtable is with a form, which offers conditional hiding of fields. You can even choose a more advanced Airtable form builder like On2Air Forms.

Alternatively, this would be more challenging, but you could cleanup all the data afterwards (i.e. after it was entered). You could have an automation running which checks for invalid entries, and then it would cleanup any invalid entries. You could use Airtable’s automations for this, or an external automation tool like Make which gives you much more control. Make has a bit of a learning curve, so I give some basic tips here.