1970 6
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hallie_Bregman
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m using a base to conduct performance reviews and record records. On a set date, I’d like to send the relevant records to the relevant employees. While I understand how to find records and trigger emails (see below), I’ll need to use dynamic recipients, which conditionally match only to their rows in the table. I’m struggling to set this up. With 50+ employees, I’d like to be able to do this dynamically, without manually coding each recipient.

Specifically, I want to send Manager A all of the records about Employee A. I want to send Manager B all of the records of Employee B. Any ideas how to execute this? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2022-01-24 at 3.33.32 PM

6 Replies 6

Hey @Hallie_Bregman,

welcome to Airtable community.

The first choice is to try the conditional actions. For more info check the following link:

The second choice is to display with look up field the employee’s email who is assigned to the task, and then in send to use the plus button to add this email.

For any further help on that please feel free to text back :slightly_smiling_face:

Yours sincerely,
Dimitris Goudis

Thanks for the suggestions! I previously reviewed the conditional logic, which can be done but then would have to manually specify each recipient (there are more than 20). Re: Looking up employee’s email, that makes sense- but how do i guarantee that the forms they receive are filtered to their forms only?

Hey @Hallie_Bregman,

you can use on email a template with dynamic information. So then every time the automation runs the email will include the separated info. :winking_face:
If you need help with that text me again to see it more specifically

Yours sincerely,
Dimitris Goudis

Sally_Struever
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am having a similar problem. I would like to notify my “clients” when they have a “connection” with a birthday coming up. I have a view in the clients table that shows clients with birthdays in 20 days or fewer. The automation is a weekly email (triggered at a scheduled time). Then I run a “Find Records” for clients that are in the upcoming birthdays view. Then I want to Send them an email with a list of their connections with upcoming birthdays.

Where I’m running into trouble is that when I am sending the email, it wants to send to all the clients (at once), and include a list of all of the birthdays coming up- not just the ones they are connected to. I haven’t been able to figure out how to send several emails - each client gets their own email with their own list.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,
Sally

Cal you leave an screenshot?

Aaron_Hess
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Did you find a solution?  I'm having a similar problem automatically emailing a list of people their own personal digest of information...