1113 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zehava_Rubin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

If I have a custom script as an action in an automation, is there anyway to have a catch or else statement that would create a failed automation notification like there is for the built in actions?

Meaning, how can I set up a notification system if a custom script fails?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
5 Replies 5

If you want your script to fail and stop the automation, you can throw an error. Sorry I cannot format the text as code while on my phone. 

throw "this is an error to cause the automation to fail"

You might also want to console.log() some key variables to give more info about why you want the automation to fail. 

Another option is to have the script use output.set() to indicate the success of the script. Then use conditions to either take any additional actions of the script was successful, or have an email action if the script says it was unsuccessful. You will probably get the email from the automation email action sooner than the email notification about the failed automation. Of course it might be harder to identify the exact run in the history of it doesn’t fail. 

Hi, what kind of error should I throw? a js exception?

@kuovonne Can you write out the code now so that I can understand what you are suggesting?

kuovonne
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

Thank you!