Help

Re: Creating an Automated Link Between the Orders and Products Tables Using SKU as an Indicator

Solved
Jump to Solution
1119 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Romasvl
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I have the following task:
I have two tables Orders and Inventory.

I am loading an order from Amazon sellercentral in the Orders table. Each order has a column SKU (unique indicator of the sold product).

The Products table stores the products that we sell with all the detailed information.

Question: How to make the Orders table automatically pull URLs to the vendor's product page from the Product table, using the SKU as an indicator.

In other words, for each new order, automatically fill URL in Order table (Supplier URL column) from Inventory table using SKU.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Assuming your "Products" table's primary field contains the SKU, you can create a linked field from the "Orders" table to the "Products" table, and use an automation to paste the SKU into the linked field whenever a new record gets created in "Orders"

This will automatically link it to the right record in the "Orders" table, and you'll just need a lookup field in the "Order" table to display the "Supplier URL" field from the "Products" table

If the SKU is not the primary field of the "Products" table, you'll need to add a "Find Record" action to your automation to look for the record in the "Products" table with the same SKU, and then link it to the newly created "Order" table

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

Assuming your "Products" table's primary field contains the SKU, you can create a linked field from the "Orders" table to the "Products" table, and use an automation to paste the SKU into the linked field whenever a new record gets created in "Orders"

This will automatically link it to the right record in the "Orders" table, and you'll just need a lookup field in the "Order" table to display the "Supplier URL" field from the "Products" table

If the SKU is not the primary field of the "Products" table, you'll need to add a "Find Record" action to your automation to look for the record in the "Products" table with the same SKU, and then link it to the newly created "Order" table

Romasvl

Thank you for your reply. The SKU column is in both tables. I will clarify the question: How to configure URLs to appear automatically in the Orders table?

All Orders are automatically loaded into the Order table using Zapier, so it is important for us that the URL is also automatically pulled from the Inventory table for the convenient work of the manager.

So that every time he does not have to copy the product SKU in the order table and go to the Inventory table to find the URL to the supplier's page.

Hm, I think we're having a misunderstanding somewhere.  If you've got the lookup field created to display the URL and the automations set up to link the records together, the URLs will display automatically

The flow would thus be:
1. Zapier creates a new Order record
2. Automation runs to link the Order record to the appropriate Product record via the SKU
3. The lookup automatically shows the URL value of the linked Product record in the Orders table

What issues did you face while attempting to set up the lookup field or the automation?

I have already set everything up, thank you)