Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gruss
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Howdy AT community!

Hoping an AT wizard can assist with the below forms automation conundrum:

I have a subscription activation request form for a particular subscription product whereby customer organisations/managers can submit up to 10 nominated subscribers.  Form record fields are minimal, just nominated subscriber emails and organisation are required (with subscription product name hidden on the backend). 

I have set up an automation that creates records in a Product Slices table as submissions are received. However, the automation creates 10 records in the table regardless of nominated subscribers submitted (resulting in a lot of blank records!) Furthermore, the Organisation name does not populate for the first record created for some reason (see attached images). 

Can anyone advise on a way to tweak the automation to only create records against submitted nominated subscriber emails? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
6 Replies 6

If I were you I'd just make one conditional action per permutation and call it a day heh.  i.e. If the user submits 10, create 10, if the user submits 9, create 9 etc

re: the Organisation name does not populate for the first record created for some reason (see attached images). 
Weird.  Could you provide screenshots of the form setup and the automation setup for the first "Create record" action?

Hi Adam,

Many thanks for your response. 

Not sure what you mean by 'per permutation', could you provide a screenshot of the automation you're advising?

I have now managed to fix the company name error. 

Yeap sure, here:

Screenshot 2023-04-27 at 9.17.48 PM.png

Gruss
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Many thanks Adam. This has solved the issue. Only blocker is that AirTable only permits 25 actions per automation so will have to operate a resubmit option for longer forms (8+ email fields).

Hmm, could you tell me more about the resubmit option?  I'm not sure I understand

I was thinking that, if automation 1 handles the case of 10 and 9 nominations, we can create automation 2 to handle cases 8, 7 and 6, automation 3 to handle cases 5, 4, 3, 2, 1, does that make sense?

Gruss
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Yes, that could work. Shall test this out.