1027 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gunter_Richter
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hello Airtable community. I am trying to automatically create a revenue forecast in airtable but have gotten a little stuck. The use case is as follows… I create a single record for a project containing overall project value, start date, and end date. I then use a formula field to calculate the number of working days between the start and end dates. All good so far.

Now, I want to automatically calculate what the average revenue(value) for that project will be during its lifetime. e.g. if the project is 12 months in duration, with a value of $120,000, I would like to be able to report $10,000 of revenue for each of those specific months.

Using a relational database and some code, I would quite easily do this by creating 12 records (one for each month) with a unique key of date and project, with a value field of $10,000.

My question is, is it possible to programatically do this with Airtable or, ideally, is there a slicker Airtable way of doing this?

4 Replies 4

Hi Gunter, and welcome to the community!

I had similar requirements and approached it like this. I went a bit overboard with a fairly complex learning model, but the approach is sound.

Gunter_Richter

Hi Bill. Thank you for the welcome and the detail you have shared. I’ll get working through this!

Hey Gunter,

The Finance function in On2Air might be an option - It uses different finance formulas to calculate returns, etc.

Hi Hannah, thank you for sharing this - I’ll definitely check it out.