Help

Error message "This social profile type is not supported by our API" when setting up Hootsuite automation

Topic Labels: Automations
Solved
Jump to Solution
1855 4
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jenessa_Keller
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I’m trying to set up the new hootsuite automation that is in beta. All fields are filled and permission for automation to be used are on, but when I run the test I get the error message “Hootsuite reported an error while processing this action: This social profile type is not supported by our API at this time”

Is there a way to fix this? Is it a known bug?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi @Jenessa_Keller,

I spoke with the team and it appears that Hootsuite only supports using personal Instagram accounts via their API at this time. Unfortunately, due to that limitation Airtable’s Hootsuite “Schedule Post” action cannot be used with Instagram business accounts. I’ll update our support article on the matter to reflect this, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience and any confusion this caused.

Let me know if I can help provide information about anything else, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

See Solution in Thread

4 Replies 4

Hello and welcome @Jenessa_Keller!

May I ask what kind of social profile you were attempting to connect (Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, etc.)?

Jenessa_Keller
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi @Rose_K thanks for responding. I am attempting to connect to Instagram.

Hi @Jenessa_Keller,

I spoke with the team and it appears that Hootsuite only supports using personal Instagram accounts via their API at this time. Unfortunately, due to that limitation Airtable’s Hootsuite “Schedule Post” action cannot be used with Instagram business accounts. I’ll update our support article on the matter to reflect this, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience and any confusion this caused.

Let me know if I can help provide information about anything else, and if this helped answer your question please mark it as the solution :white_check_mark: .

Hello @Rose_K , I saw this thread and wanted to know if there has been any updates since this issue was last resolved. I'm trying to connect my Instagram business profile to Airtable to post through Hootsuite. Would you be able to help me with this?

Thanks!

Alexis