Alix
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi, I hope someone can help.

I have an automation where 

Trigger:

When a record is updated - Episode number field

Actions:

update - property field code with 'property field' (property field code text needed for next action)

Find record - (in another table) where episode number = episode number and property field code = property field code

conditional actions:

if matching record in the other table is found:

update link field with matching record

if no matching record found:

send a slack message

otherwise 

if no conditions are met - no actions run

So, this automation is running great, when the initial record's episode number is updated it's linking the record from the other table nicely.

However, when the episode number was deleted from a record, the automation run failed at the Find Record action. Why is this run 'failing' rather than just running as the second conditional action - no record found (ideally like: episode number is empty = then no record found) is my question? Thanks!

2 Replies 2
TheTimeSavingCo
17 - Neptune
17 - Neptune

I think that's failing because the "Find Record" action is searching your records with a null value, which will throw an error

Hi, yes this is the case. But when someone is changing the episode number, they delete the old one and the automation fails and they put in the new number then it runs properly. Is there a way to stop it failing mid episode number change?