Help

Re: find specific records in a airtable thanks to a form filtering a database.

895 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
clementwitz
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hello !
I'd like external users (not on airtable) to find specific records in a airtable thanks to a form filtering a database.

Ex : I have a dataset of clothes, with criteria : type (tshirt, pullover, pant), prices, size, color

And I'd like my customer to be able to tick in a form those criteria (or not), so that I send him (or he sees) a database with only the specific records. ex : he ticks thisrt & pant, between 30 & 60€, M, blue, then lands (or have by email) the list of the 40 products that meet those conditions (among 3K products).

Thanks a lot !!!

3 Replies 3
ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

The only Airtable tool that I know of that would allow this is Softr. There might be others, but this is the only one that I know of.

Oh actually, I believe that Glide does this too.

Hmm, are you okay with sending a shared view?  If so, you could:
1. Create a link between your dataset table and your form table
2. When a customer submits a form, trigger an automation that will:
  - Look for all the records in your "Dataset" table that match the criteria the customer submitted
  - Link all of the found records to the newly submitted form record
3. Create a shared view with a URL filter that will only display the records in your dataset that are linked to the newly submited form
4. Send the customer that link

You could have a formula field set up in your forms table that creates that prefilled URL for you as well so it'd all be automatic