cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benjamin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Hi there,
With all your advice, I managed to create the automation to update my google calendar event if I change something in the airtable record. On the other hand, my little concern is that I did not find the trick to delete the event from google calendar if I delete the airtable record.
Does anyone have an idea?
Thank you very much.

4 Replies 4

Maybe what could work for you is a Status field that after changing to status “Delete” triggers automation that deletes the event in Google Calendar and afterwards delete the records itself?

Generally if a record disappears, you need to have some sort of tracking system that is aware it has existed before, so it notices the change. This might not be straight forward to build. One thing that I remember does it is Pipedream.com. They have a trigger that can send event when a record is deleted:

Deleting records can only be done through the API, which you can access through:

1. Scripting.
  2. Third-party automation tools like my personal favorite Make.com.
  3. An API tool like DataFetcher.com.
Benjamin
6 - Interface Innovator
6 - Interface Innovator

Thank you very much for your feedback.

I didn’t think it was going to be so complex. I try to limit the use of extensions in order to simplify the use of airtable for other people. I really hesitate before going through Make.com or Datafetcher.

If it’s automated, it will not be complex for people, because it will be happen automatically for them. It’s only momentarily complex while you setup the initial automation.