cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hello all,

So I have base with 2 tables, table1 = Customers & table2 = Vehicles.

1 Customer can have MANY Vehicles, but 1 Vehicle can belong to only 1 Customer.

When a Vehicle is added to the base, it adds the VIN (unique id) of the vehicle to the Customers table.

The problem is that the automation is overwriting the previous VIN when a new one is added for the same Customer.

Capture

Please help me make it WORK!

Thanks,

dg

17 Replies 17

Hm, could you share a screenshot of the automation?

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Hey Adam_C,

Sorry about that! I should have done this first. Anyway, here are the screenshots of the automation:

C2V-trigger-1

C2V-Action-1-1

C2V-Action-2-1

C2V-Action-3-1

…and the error I’m getting on the “Find Records” action is “Invalid filter on Customer ID”.

dg

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

OK, I SWEAR that I have NO IDEA how, but this morning, AFTER I FINISHED THE SCREENSHOTS, I went back and looked at the table again… and I don’t understand it, but it’s working! I mean, not now… with the error an all… but look:

working-1

Can someone PLASE tell me WHAT I did and HOW I did it???

Thanks,

dg

Your automation was/is overwriting the cell because you told it to do that. If you want to include the Vehicles already linked to that customer, you have to actually include them.

Click the blue plus button and insert the current field value that Customer has for the {Vehicles Link to V} field followed by a comma and then followed by the Record ID of the Vehicle that triggered your automation.

One, THANK YOU! Two, I’m a little confused. I believe that you are talking about the “blue plus button” in the “Find Records” step. And if so, am I adding the {Vehicles Link to V} field to the {Where Customer ID is}? So it would be:

Where {Customer ID} is {Vehicles Link to V} + {Record ID *(from step 1)*}?

Thanks,

dg

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Come on Kamille Parks, Community Leader… please don’t leave me hanging here!?! :upside_down_face:

Your response was posted 4 hours ago at 5am my time. I’m not waking up at 5am to answer your questions lol

No. In your second Update Record step you are inserting the record IDs from the Find Records step. Add a comma there, then add in the current value for the {Vehicle link to V} field. You’re concatenating them together. So if a Customer is already linked to “Vehicle 1, Vehicle 2” and the new vehicle that triggered the Automation is “Vehicle 3”, your resulting list would be either “Vehicle 3, Vehicle 1, Vehicle 2” or “Vehicle 1, Vehicle 2, Vehicle 3” depending on whether you put Find Records value before or after the comma.

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

Oooops, my bad! Super sorry about that :mantelpiece_clock: ! I’m just super anxious because I had everything working ok before I started with the automations. But I needed to automate more functions as I initially had the ‘operator’ doing a fair amount of input.

Once I learned automations the base kinda blew up with opportunity.

And all but this one is working awesomely!

So back to work here… I’m confused as to why the “Find Records” quit working. Don’t I need to fix that first? Because, as you see in this screenshot, I can’t use the “Find Records” field and I don’t know why!?!

1a1

dg

AUTORRARI_MAIN
7 - App Architect
7 - App Architect

So I started playing around with it and I got the error message to go away…

1a1

…but is it correct???

dg