cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin_Leber
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Hi All,

i am using airtable with some of my clients and i set up some automations as well, e.g. for checkboxes like “approval” and stuff. Now that i am trying to setup interfaces i am wondering how i can lead a user to the interfaces.

For example - i have a table with a checkbox which i am ticking myself for an approval of my own work - tthis triggers an automation and my client receives a mail where he is leaded to a record so he can approve it too. Unfortunately it always opens the original table and not my newly build interface.

what am i doing wrong?

Thanks in advance

-M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

@Martin_Leber - writing the whole thing may be pushing my time on the community board a bit far - but as a help

you can get the app and interface stuff from the url (simply cut and paste form your record picker interface and delete the record part)
then create a field with the record ID as below…

then another field that is a formula that concatenates the interface url with the record id - which you surfaced as the pic

then use this url in the text of the autogenerated email

I hope they are grateful :winking_face:

See Solution in Thread

5 Replies 5
Russell_Findlay
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

can you insert the url of the interface into the email that your client receives - as text rather than a dynamically create field… if he has access i think this should work

But so it only directs to my whole interface instead of that one record which needs to be approved - right?

I tried to use the https://airtable.com/appteXXXXXXXXXX/ part → but this opens the record in my base
and there seems to be no way to read the https://airtable.com/appteXXXXXXXXXX/ YYYYYYYYYY as this is the record itself.

Russell_Findlay
8 - Airtable Astronomer
8 - Airtable Astronomer

i think if your interface is a record picker interface then the bit at the end after the =rec sign is the record id

so you could create a formula in your base which is a CONCATENATION of the url of the interface with the specific record and then use that to dynamically link to that record in an record picker interface… you may need to use a firmula to make the record ID visible for this too

the format appears to be

https://airtable.com/somestuff/somemorestuff?SMYst=recmaybetherecordid

I can’t check if this works as i don’t have someone sharing an interface in this format to hand…

good luck

Seems like this could work - now i have to figure out how to read the appte-number, the pag-number and the rec-number and somhow connect all 3 together to create a link for all the different tables and records. :slightly_smiling_face:

@Martin_Leber - writing the whole thing may be pushing my time on the community board a bit far - but as a help

you can get the app and interface stuff from the url (simply cut and paste form your record picker interface and delete the record part)
then create a field with the record ID as below…

then another field that is a formula that concatenates the interface url with the record id - which you surfaced as the pic

then use this url in the text of the autogenerated email

I hope they are grateful :winking_face: