Help

The Airtable Community will undergo scheduled maintenance on September 17 from 10:00 PM PST to 11:15 PM PST. During this period, you may experience temporary disruptions. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

HTML formatting for "Send Email"

Topic Labels: Automations
165 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sherryyjiang
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Is it true that Airtable is fairly limited in its ability to allow you to use HTML formatting for send email? Is the solution then to have to use SendGrid or another service that could help out with email automation?

3 Replies 3
TheTimeSavingCo
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

I'm afraid so.  I tried putting in a Beefree template before and it didn't render correctly in both the "Send Email" and "Send Gmail" actions

If you've got pure HTML, you could also just send the whole thing as a chunk with Make too and just cut out another service

ScottWorld
18 - Pluto
18 - Pluto

@sherryyjiang 

The way that most of my Airtable consulting clients are automating & sending complex HTML emails is by using Make’s advanced automations & integrations for Airtable.

You don’t even need to use a specialized service like SendGrid (although that is possible with their SendGrid modules).

You can just use HTML tags within their Gmail modules, their Outlook modules, etc.

Make also supports lots of other email services, too.

If you’ve never used Make before, it will take you a few hours to learn it. I’ve assembled a bunch of Make training resources in this thread: https://air.tableforums.com/t/make-com-basic-navigation-tips/277

For example, here is one way that you can instantly trigger a Make automation from Airtable.

I also give live demonstrations of how to use Make in many of my Airtable podcast appearances here:

For example, in this video, I show how to work with Airtable arrays (such as email attachments) in Make.

Hope this helps!

p.s. If you have a budget for your project and you’d like to hire an expert Airtable consultant to help you with any of this, please feel free to contact me through my website: Airtable consulting — ScottWorld 

Yes, Airtable supports only a handful of HTML tags in emails. Here is the list.

kuovonne_0-1726417409074.png