2616 0
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Olivia_Martin
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

I am creating an automation that sends a reminder email if a task is not complete within a certain date. That being said, some users have multiple tasks to complete and receive an individual email for each record they’re attached to.
Is there a way I can have a reminder email sent with multiple records condensed into one message so the owner does not receive multiple emails?

5 Replies 5

I don’t think there is. Zapier does however has a own zap called “digest” that does that trick.

https://zapier.com/apps/digest/help

Hi @Olivia_Martin - have a look at this thread:

There isn’t a way to do this directly, but with a script you could get the details of multiple outstanding tasks and send these in one email.

Do you have a user table that is linked to the tasks? You can use formula and conditional rollup fields to rollup the overdue tasks in the user record.

Then you need to use a trigger that includes a time component. For example, you could use a formula in the users table that checks the current hour and returns a value only at a specific hour.

Use the “when record meets conditions” trigger and include two conditions: one for the hour, and another that makes sure the roll up of overdue tasks isn’t empty.

Finally have the email action send the value of the rollup field.

Lauren_Ober1
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Yes - there is a way to do this - you would just use the find records instead of update record and choose records plural - then pick list or grid and the values you wish to add to the output.

Hi there,

I guess that you want to share an email in which the content will include the all uncompleted task in a message right?

My recommendation is to develop a function field which tracks the un competed tasks. Then create a field in which you track the deadline, ideally by comparing it with today().
So in automation the trigger will be like “when deadline is above…” then send email to with “the message you want”

Does it help you?