cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MC2021
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Airtable product team!

Is there any way to get more automations per Airtable base? We’re a small but growing company that runs our entire Customer Success and Project Management teams on Airtable. We use the automations to ping the right folks (different Customer Success folks) on Slack as a project moves through different stages, and we just hit our max of 25 automations per Airtable base.

We would love to stick to Airtable (we love it so much), but if we can’t have more automations tied to it, we’ll have to figure out other tools as we scale. Help!

26 Replies 26
Nate_Hughes
5 - Automation Enthusiast

Airtable, you need to allow more on the enterprise plan or you will lose customers like us who will move to something else. Please listen to your customer needs.

Thanks

I would be interested to learn how to code this logic in scripts. I’m a very novice JS coder and looking for the correct way to code something like this.

Actually, you would have. :winking_face:

There are simply too many advantages and so few competitive platforms to create what you just created. Get over it - these are the challenges of scale - you have to exercise a little forward-thinking when building anything and especially when you realize the dependencies are critical to your solution and growing in number. There are no less than 50 conversations in this forum about automation limits.

This I agree with - it is silly and most of my clients have been successful pitching Airtable support for double the limit. Have you contacted them directly?

Lastly, you should consider proxying automation - basically designing them to serve more than one purpose.

Nate_Hughes

Come on Airtable. Please remove this limit already. There are other very long forum post about this issue as well - not just this one.

SIMON_CLARK

Yes please remove this limit, along with the other limits this makes no sense, particularly for enterprise clients

Bump. Yes pleeeze.

Stumped across this today. I was going to add my 26th automation today

This limit and the current field limit of 500 fields per table are the two notorious Airtable limitation caps that should both be doubled.

The 25 automation limit wasn’t documented until the Automation help-page was published so many of us created number of automations without knowing there was a limit.

Now will take hours to recreated merged automations to free up slots.

If both of this was prominently displayed on the account-plan-comparison page from the beginning, I would have planned accordingly so that I won’t hit those limits without knowing I am getting close to reaching them.

Oh, well…

Update from Airtable:

Hi all - I hope your week is off to a great start. Wanted to share an exciting update from the Airtable team that as of today default automation limits have been increased from 25 to 50 automations :tada:

This will be fully rolled out today. If you aren’t seeing the changes, make sure to clear your cache.

Additional resources:

I also wanted to share that the team is beta testing the ability for the community to subscribe to the Airtable What’s New base so that you can stay up to date as documentation is published, or in the case that a formal announcement about a feature is not shared. You can opt-in here and if you have feedback for the team on how to make this more useful, here is the best place to share it. We hope this is helpful in keeping everyone up to date and look forward to hearing your thoughts.