Help

Re: Is there a way to connect an automation to a button in the base?

1063 3
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fabricio_Siquei
5 - Automation Enthusiast
5 - Automation Enthusiast

I am using the free version, no apps/scripts allowed. I can use automations, but when I add a button field to the base there is no option to link the button to an automation.

Is there a way to fix that and connect the button with my automation?

4 Replies 4

Welcome to the community, @Fabricio_Siqueira!

Unfortunately, buttons can’t trigger automations. Be sure to email support@airtable.com to let them know that you would like this functionality.

As a workaround, you can use a checkbox field to trigger your automation.

Welcome to the Airtable community!

Actually, scripting app is available in all bases, and will remain available in all bases, even for bases in free workspaces. So go ahead and write your script in scripting app and call that script from a button field.

Scripting automations are a different matter–those are limited to pro workspaces and above.

You can actually use any data change to trigger an automation, not just a checkbox field. I prefer single-select fields to checkbox fields because they are less prone to accidental clicks.

Thanks! I thought that scripting was not allowed, but now that you told me I will check that out!

Thanks! it’s a good work around. While it is not a solution at least solved the problem for the time being.