cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saruchi05
5 - Automation Enthusiast

IMG_8839.jpeg

Hi, I need help with an automation that I can't get to work. I have set up 2 separate automations, both triggers "when record matches condition" (different conditions) one adds one linked record, to field "work" and the other automation adds another linked record to the same field. However, they seem to overwrite the existing linked record. How do I avoid this? I tried setting it up so that I pull in the actual linked record field and then separated by a comma the record id, but that made the automation pull in 2 different linked records, when I only wanted the one 🤔

Any tips? Not a super advanced builder 😅

2 Replies 2

Are you putting in the existing value for the linked record field as well as the comma and the new record you want linked?

Saruchi05

I think I have, but guessing I am doing something wrong. 

Update record -> Specific fields -> Field to update, choosing the linked records field "Service" then adding the field "Service" then a comma then the record id of the record I want to link.

However, when separating these two by a comma it says "Could not find matching rows for string", but when I skip the comma it works in the way that it does update, but it overwrites.