cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stanleytan
4 - Data Explorer
4 - Data Explorer

Hi Community,

I have a table A, which has 3 fields. Field 1 is Name, Field 2 is Role, Field 3 is Skill-Level.

Simulated data for Table A:
John, Singer, High
Michiel, Pianist, Medium
Zule, Guitarist, High

Table B has 3 fields. Field 1 is Name, Field 2 is Phone Number, Field 3 is Email Address.
Simulated data:
John, 12345, john@music.com
Zule, 67891, zule@music.com

Question: is there a way to ensure that when I add any new record in table A, only new records in table A with Skill-Level = High are automatically added to table B?

Having combed through Airtable’s functions, I am sensing that this is not possible without using Zapier or Integromat or some JS code but I hope to avoid these options. Please advise, thank you!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Then my recommendation would be to have one table with two (or more views): one view with all records and all fields shown, and one view that is filtered to show only records where {Skill Level} = High and with certain columns hidden.

Again, you could store this subset of data in a separate table and use Automations to link records together, but it does not sound like your use case makes it necessary to rely on this more fragile solution.

See Solution in Thread

3 Replies 3

You could do that with an Automation, but may I ask why you have two separate tables for this instead of just using filtered views?

Hi Kamille,

It is more for a strategic purpose, where not all entries in table A would be in table B, although they would share some columns.

Then my recommendation would be to have one table with two (or more views): one view with all records and all fields shown, and one view that is filtered to show only records where {Skill Level} = High and with certain columns hidden.

Again, you could store this subset of data in a separate table and use Automations to link records together, but it does not sound like your use case makes it necessary to rely on this more fragile solution.